Rish, savory smells permeate your kitchen with fig, cardamom, onion, rosemary and balsamic vinegar that is sure to make everyone hungry!!!
Whole 30, Paleo, Gluten Free, & Dairy Free
This is dinner that is great for family meals.
This is super easy glaze to make for your chicken and vegetables. It’s simple to switch out the brussel sprouts for other root veggies such as carrot, parsnips, or sweet potatoes. This is one of my quick go-to recipes that satisfies everyone in the house! It’s so versatile for the grill, InstaPot, crock pot, dutch oven and more!
Do you meal prep?
Try making this meal on the weekend, and divide it out for 5 healthy lunches all week long!
If you are anything like me and forget to defrost your whole chicken 😉 You can still use the InstaPot. Set to “poultry” then ADD 15 minutes, press go. It will take about 1 hour 45 min up to 2 hours to cook from frozen in the instapot.
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup Apple cider vinegar
- 10 dried black mission figs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 whole chicken (4 lbs), or 6 chicken breasts
- 5 cups brussel sprouts, halved
- 5 cups total root vegetable blend
- sweet potatoes
- Blend all sauce ingredients in blender or food processor until forms smooth paste similar to applesauce.
- Set aside ½ cup of glaze for vegetables
- Use remaining glaze to coat chicken.
- FOR INSTAPOT
- set to "poultry" setting.
- Insert chicken and glaze
- close lid, press start
- FOR DUTCH OVEN:
- Preset oven to 350
- cook covered for 1½ hours for 4 lb chicken
- until internal temp reaches 165
- FOR GRILL or SKILLET:
- marinade chicken for 1 hour minimum
- preheat grill or skillet
- cook on med-high for 5-7 min on one side
- flip, cook additional 5-7 minutes
- until juices run clear
- FOR BRUSSEL SPROUTS
- halve brussel sprouts
- add ½ cup of glaze
- TBSP Olive Oil
- toss together
- cook on high until desired tenderness
- approximately 5 min. per side