Some kids are just stubborn when it comes to eating their veggies. So sneak them in where you can 🙂
This recipe is loaded with veggies. You start with just one 26oz can of sauce and BOOM turn it into 4+ quarts of veggie loaded sauce.
My favorite trick is pulsing the mushrooms in the food processor. Once complete they nearly match the sausage crumble, and the Italian sausage has strong flavor to cover the mushrooms all together 🙂 sneaky sneaky 🙂
How about the vitamins you are serving up in this dish! What ?? 500% daily allowance of Vit. A & C !!! Plus potassium, magnesium & iron! Seriously, you can’t beat that!
AND…. it’s Whole 30 approved 😁
- 1 -26oz can crushed tomato sauce
- 8oz fresh mushrooms finely minced
- 2 c carrots finely minced
- 1 lg onion finely minced
- 2 bell peppers finely minced
- 1 c spinach finely minced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 8 fresh basil leafs chopped
- 1 c cooked crumbled Italian sausage
- S&P to taste
- *optional additional can of tomato purée or crushed tomatoes for a "runnier" sauce.
- Cook ground Italian Sausage in skillet, set aside
- Pulse each vegetable in food processor until minced.
- Don't go too long and turn it into mush 🙂
- Just one vegetable at a time in your processor.
- In sauce pot, mix together all ingredients
- Simmer on low/med for 20 min until tender
- Serve over pasta and enjoy!