Trying to get your kids to eat more veggies but all they want is “chicken” or “pasta and red sauce” ……
Well, I’ve got a solution for you! Hidden Veggie Chicken Sliders to the rescue!! Ok, they don’t exactly wear a cape, but they wear a super yummy, toasty bun, and thats almost as close 🙂 Plus, they sneak in over 500% of RDA of Vitamins A, C, D, not to mention loads of protein and fiber!!!
Not just a win for the kids, I don’t know about you, but hot, savory sliders just hit the spot pretty much any day of the week!!! Kids love them and they are super easy to make. Fix it and forget it in your crock pot- How great is that?
This is easily made in advance for company too!!! Just prep the day before, load it in your crock and store it in the fridge overnight. The next day pop it into the crock base and GO!
- SLIDER Recipe:
- 1 batch of Hidden Veggie Pasta Sauce*
- 6-8 chicken breasts- boneless
- 1 dozen rolls
- Lemon Basil SLAW Recipe:
- 1½ c each- shredded carrot, broccoli, and cabbage of choice
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil based mao
- 1 tsp salt & ½ tsp pepper
- 3 TBSP fresh basil chopped (or 1 TBSP dried)
- *see recipe on MartinFaithandFitness.com
- Slider Instructions:
- place all ingredients foe sauce (uncooked) in crock pot
- Add in raw or frozen chicken breasts
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 on low.
- Shred chicken with forks
- Serve on rolls with slaw
- Slaw Instructions:
- Mix together, refrigerate until ready to eat