Allergy friendly (DF, GF, Egg Free, Nut free) & Whole 30 approved!
Need something besides egg in the morning when looking for healthy protein meals? This dish has it all!! Sweet, Savory, veggies, fruit, meat AND sweet potatoes… YES!!!
This dish is sure to please kids as it is sweet as well as savory! The added apple and sautéed onions combined with the sweet potatoes make this dish a sure winner in the morning!
- 1 lb all natural breakfast sausage (traditional flavor, not sweet)
- 1 red onion
- olive oil to coat pan
- 3 sweet potatoes, diced small
- 4 sweet red apples (gala or honey crisp)
- ½ c raisins
- ½ tsp all spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp salt
- dice onion into small pieces
- sautee onion and crumbled sausage in olive oil until meat is cooked thoroughly
- dice sweet potatoes into small pieces
- add into skillet with onion and sausage
- sprinkle all seasoning on top
- cover and cook 7-10 min until slightly fork tender but NOT soft
- dice apple, leaving skin on
- add apple and raisins to skillet with rest of dish.
- cover and cook for 2-3 more minutes until apples are warmed through
- serve hot