Salmon is one of our favorite family meals. It’s super healthy and easy to make. We have used this dish so often because it is allergy friendly for our gluten free children, and meets the requirements for Whole 30 and Paleo diets which are just easier on your digestive system than overloading your gut with carbs.
I put salmon on our family meal plan every other week. I usually buy it frozen in boneless, skinless filets. This way I can make exactly the right number of salmon filets for each family member. This is great on a family budget, and for the frugal minded moms it means there is no waste in your meal budget or your unused leftovers in your fridge. Win!!!
I usually cook citrus salmon in the oven, but it is easily made on the grill. If you choose the grill, remember to use foil pouches or a fish basket made for grilling. This way you don’t loose your savory dish to the hot coals 🙁
- 8 boneless -skinless Salmon Fillets (frozen or fresh)
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- 2 oranges- sliced -use as garnish
- defrost salmon in fridge
- **The longer this sits in the marinade -the stronger the flavor. I recommend at 1 hour, but all day would be fabulous.
- Preheat oven to 400
- Mix together all ingredients, except the salmon, to create a marinade.
- Unwrap salmon fillets.
- Coat salmon fillets in the marinade.
- Place salmon in a large roasting pan or sheet pan with sides.
- Bake 15-20 min depending on size.
- serve with fresh orange slices
- Pairs excellent with a fresh salad or steamed broccoli
- You can cheat and cook salmon from frozen and top with the marinade. The flavor will be very mild this way. If cooking from frozen add 10 additional cooking minutes.