Cold nights, warm soup, a quick and easy recipe that’s Whole 30 approved!!! What could be better?
Seriously, I love creamy soups. Usually, pumpkin soup is loaded with butter and cream and more butter and more cream. So knock off recipes always left me wishing for something better!!! I was originally inspired by Danielle Walker (Against All Grain) with her pumpkin soup recipe, but I needed something a bit more simple and Whole 30 approved. So I got to tinkering 🙂
The carrots and pearled onions provide a sweetness that is just right, and NO onion chopping involved!!!!
Here it is! Creamy, savory, hearty and healthy Pumpkin Soup LOADED with Vitamins and nutrition and topped with Italian Sausage- Hello Fabulous!!!!
- 1 bag pearl onions (apx. 10oz bag)- defrosted
- 2 cups carrots chopped & cooked
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 can (apx. 15oz.) organic coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1lb cooked crumbled Italian sausage
- 2 cans pumpkin puree (approx. 28oz each)
- First, blend chicken broth, pearl onions, carrots, and spices in a blender or with a stick blender until smooth.
- On the stove, warm the above mixture, add in coconut milk & pumpkin.
- Simmer on low 15-20 minutes.
- Mix in cooked sausage.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Excellent with fresh sage and additional sausage 🙂