I just love fresh smoothies!! When I drink smoothie, I am NOT looking for dessert- that’s what cookies are for! I want to feel like I have just fueled up my body with veggies and fruit. I want to be fortified with nutrition. I want lasting energy with sliming effect.
Here’s the truth. I don’t want it to taste like I am drinking grass! I know wheat grass and kale are good for you, but I really don’t want to TASTE wheat grass. So, I am always working to craft up new recipes that fuel my body AND taste light and refreshing.
Cucumber to the rescue! It’s super fresh tasting and has great sliming effects for your waste line. Score! Better yet, all of these ingredients are available ALL YEAR ROUND.
I highly recommend growing your own mint plant. Its so hardy and nearly impossible to kill. Make sure you plant it in a raised bed or container, because it spreads like crazy!!! I have mint in the cracks of my driveway!!!! It’s everywhere!
- ¾ cup seedless cucumber
- ¼ cup raw baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen chopped mango
- 1 TBSP chopped mint leaves (about 4 or 5 leaves)
- 1 TBSP honey (optional)
- 1 cup water (about)
- Chop cucumber into cubes, leave skin on.
- Add all ingredients into an individual smoothie blender.
- If your individual blender is less than 1 pint, you might need to leave a little bit out.
- Blend well. serve cold.
- **These ingredients freeze well, so you can prep large amounts into zip bags and freeze for making quick smoothies another day!!